1973 bear cat fisher pierce motor

drtobey7

Recruit
i am wondering if anyone has heard of the motor, it was one of the first engines that didn't need a gas/oil mix<br />can you help me find out information on this motor thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1973 bear cat fisher pierce motor

Howdy, Bearcat.<br /><br />Your engine is a 55hp. It is a 4 stroke engine and was made by Fisher-Pierce, who also built the Boston Whalers. Before them, it was built by Homelite.<br /><br />Go to http://www.continuouswave.com <br /><br />Look for articles about the Homelite/Fisher Pierce engine in the Reference section.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Ed Z

Cadet
Re: 1973 bear cat fisher pierce motor

Hi bear cat,<br /><br /> There are two sizes of Bearcat motors, one is 55hp and the other is 85hp... Homelite originally produced these motors until Fisher Pierce baught them out... The 55hp motor were produced for about 10 years and there are many still around... In fact you can get a completley rebuilt one for $1450 with exchange... I had the 55hp for many years and never had a problem with it... I now have the 85 hp version and could not be happier... Compaired to the current 4 strokes available out there the Bearcat is about 100 lbs lighter, runs at 600 RPM (trolling speed) for 40 minutes on a quart of gas, and is of very simple design... If the motor you have is an 85 hp version, are you at all interested ing selling it.???<br /><br />Ed