navigation system question..

89BMW735IL

Recruit
Hello everyone.
im new here and i joined cause i have a sat nav and communications system i know almost nothing about. but i don't have a boat. i have a thrane & thrane sailor 500 satellite dome and i have absolutely no use for it. i only have the white giant igloo shaped satellite. i have no idea the value or where i would post it to sell it. it was givin to me by a friend that has a huge yacht, he got a different system...

anyone know anything about the Thrane & Thrane Sailor 500b ? its new still on its shipping skid and wrapped in plastic.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-jimmy

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander
Re: navigation system question..

Throw it up on craigslist or ebay, and get what you can for it. There are other boating forums out there that have a classifieds section, you may want to search them out and put it there as well. Heck, if you get enough for it, maybe you can buy a boat. :D

89BMW735IL

Recruit

Throw it up on craigslist or ebay, and get what you can for it. There are other boating forums out there that have a classifieds section, you may want to search them out and put it there as well. Heck, if you get enough for it, maybe you can buy a boat. :D

i just found the whole system for sale for $22,000?!!?

i have no interest in boating. i own a old bmw 7 series, it is a boat. haha i had no idea this thing cost so much..also i just have the satellite. the whole setup looks to include a modem box, cell phone, cell phone sim cards, and some other stuff. i dont want to get full retail for it. but it is taking up space in my bedroom.. its about 2ft wide and 3 ft tall and igloo shaped.

this system was used on the race sailboats in that volvo race thing.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

It's worth about $15.00. Call me and I'll take it off your hands. I might even pay for the shipping if you're pleasant! :D:D

89BMW735IL

Recruit

...... i see what your trying to do there hahaha.. id probably take a few hundred bucks for it. if you seriously want it. shipping would be about $130 thru UPS.

il snap a few pictures of it. and post up a link to them since i dont have a post count to post pictures .:D

DSCF6306.jpg

size referance that little black thing is my iphone.
DSCF6307.jpg

DSCF6308.jpg

DSCF6310.jpg

i dont know why the pictures are low light.. ive got a 440W T5 light fixture on top of this thing.

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

Looks like a scam to me

But that is my opinion

89BMW735IL

Recruit

Looks like a scam to me

But that is my opinion

how so?? dude i have a small bedroom and this thing is in it. i have no use for it. what more would you want? i posted it on craigslist and ebay classifieds. i know ive got a low post count. but i just joined this forum to see if anyone knew anything or needed something like this. you never know.