Pulse location for fuel pump conversion.

woodboathull

Cadet
Have a 1957 35 hp RDE -19 and I finally got her running on pressure tank. I had bought a fuel pump on Ebay that I was going to convert to single line with a vintage fuel pump. Off an early 60's 40 hp. It has a barb for the pulse line and my manual talks about a 90 degree fitting. Does this fitting go on the same bypass cover as the conversions that are talked about elsewhere? It looks like that is where it is at on the pics that I have been able to see. Could I convert my pressure fitting to a pressure/vacuum? Thanks

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Pulse location for fuel pump conversion.

What did you buy, the pump with a glass bowl? Where are you going to mount it? I don't think the exhaust cover has the required mounting holes.

Anyhow, if that is what you have, the pulse hose goes around the rear of the cylinder head and to a 90 degree fitting in the lower bypass cover, which may not be totally compatable either.

If you had bought the right pump, it would fit right on the bypass cover. It was a factory accessory in 1957. The holes are already there, just need drilling and tapping.

Attachments

• Fuel Pump Mount 1957 35hp.jpg
    Fuel Pump Mount 1957 35hp.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0