Teak Bow Pulpit needed

Stoni

Cadet
I am looking to purchase or build a teak bow pulpit for my 23' PennYan (1976). Hopefully someone knows where I can get a set of plans to help me build one or perhaps knows where I can purchase one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stoni

superbenk

Commander
Re: Teak Bow Pulpit needed

Did a google search and while I didn't find any specific plans, I saw tons of pics. Should be easy enough to come up with your own plan (they look pretty simple). Just make sure you engineer it strong enough to support the weight of the anchor any any stresses applied to it.

Stoni

Cadet

Superbenk,

Thanks for the reply. You found just what I found when I googled it. I'm sure we can construct one from a picture, but was just hoping to find plans for one or find someone who had one for sale. I realize what kind of pressures will be put on the pulpit along with the windless and will make sure everything is well constructed to handle them.

Stoni

Stoni

Cadet

I have seen this site before. They sure make some beautiful stuff. I haven't yet shown this site to the fella who will be helping me with this project. Glad you reminded me of it again.

Thanks,

GatorMike

Ensign

I've been trying to knock the pulpit off of mine. Seems everytime I come into dock that thing gets in the way. Trailering is a pain in the *** with the added 2 feet sticking out, I have to back the trailer in, drive the boat on then pull forward a couple of feet to bring the pulpet up over the winch. I hate my pulpit.