impeller for 7.5 ted williams

mwright

Cadet
ser # 5b-211811, mod. # 217???0 i have old impeller in hand and cant locate sight to order without complete model #. this impeller is about a half inch thick and does not have a key slot to hold in. it is octogan shaped and appears to just slip on tight around 6 sided fitting on shaft. any help will be appriciated. thanks......

M

mrcrabs

Re: impeller for 7.5 ted williams

could you post a picture of the impeller and shaft, I'm not familiar with the description you gave on any sears models with a 217 part no.
is there any chance the brass from the impeller has separated and is still on the shaft and this is what your looking at?

Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

Petty Officer 1st Class

[QUOTEis there any chance the brass from the impeller has separated and is still on the shaft and this is what your looking at?[/QUOTE]

That was my 1st thought as well!

Wingedwheel

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mwright, the old impellor won't have a keyway slot because it goes on with an insert that matches to a flat spot on the shaft. The last one I ordered did come with a key-slot and it was actually one that would fit a merc if I'm not mistaken. I took the old one to a nearby marine dealer and they matched it and it was half the cost of the one from Sears. I had already ordered the one from Sears so I used it, but next time I'll just go the other route.