evinrude oil injection horn

jwill188

Recruit
I need help trouble shooting the oil injection horn on a 1995 evinrude 115 V4. The system is on a Sea Nymph boat package. The horn does not always chirp when the key is turned on - system check. Sometimes after a few starts on the water, it resumes the system check chirp, but next time out it will not work the first time. The injection system seems to be functioning fine. Have had it for 15 years with no issues. The chirp horn is a 3 wire unit with tan, purple and black connectors. Thanks for your help.
JOHN

jonesg

Admiral
Re: evinrude oil injection horn

Follow the wires from the oil tank to under the hood, disconnect and clean all connectors you find there. I use elec cleaner spray from Napa, CRC brand.
Dab with dialectric grease to seal and reconnect.

Might be a good idea to go through all the elec connections starting at the battery posts. A bit of emory cloth will get things nice and shiny again.

jwill188

Recruit
Re: evinrude oil injection horn

jonesg, thank you for your advice. I took the horn out and checked it on the bench to make sure it was working. I then cleaned all the connections with crc electronic claner. Seems to be working now.