1963 16 ft Starcraft Jupiter restoration

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I picked up my 63 Starcraft this morning so now the work begins. wow from wanting my first boat two months ago to getting a "new" starcraft with a lot of info from here and you guys. I know PICTURES will get that done as soon as I wrap my little brain around getting them on here. only trouble I had coming home is my ID plate blew off the rotted transom and since its not a long way off I tried to retrace my drive home and hope to see it on the road but no luck but may try again later with another set of eyes looking. anyway another Starcraft added to the armada and time to get out there and start piddeling.

Cuyose

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Starcraft is home

Congrats, remember to post a lot of pictures and document your restoration in the restoration section. Those are always fun reads when you have dedicated boat owners taking pride in getting their recent acquisitions up and running again.

Good Luck!

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the congrats. now I need all you starcraft experts HELP. Like I explained in the beginning of this thread I lost my ID plate on the way home and after a couple trips back and forth with my wife's help we could not spot it. I called the PO and he gave me a # which is M16D1052R does that sound like a serial number for a 63 16' Jupiter or is that not even close and thanks in advance for all help. Alan.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Welcome to the Starcraft fleet :D

I will move this post to a better area for you!

Take a look at the Starcraft Restorations we have done here (it's not all of them but most) http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=385090

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for sending me to the right place just can't get the pictures to load up and not sure what I am doing wrong. I keep trying to upload them but they just will not. I have picasa but would it be better to change over to photo bucket any help would be very welcome thanks.

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for sending me to the right place just can't get the pictures to load up and not sure what I am doing wrong. I keep trying to upload them but they just will not. I have picasa but would it be better to change over to photo bucket any help would be very welcome thanks.

I have picasa also and that is how I get them posted. PM me and I can give you a step by step instruction

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello to all, I need help with my ID #. can anyone tell me if the number in the post above sounds lik a 63 starcraft jupiter number and if not could I some how use the reg. # to find my ID # so I could make a new plate and as allways thanks in advance.

RobbyA

Petty Officer 1st Class

I sent you an email!

It might be helpful!

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

lets see what happens
SDC10048.JPG

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome aboard the starcraft fleet! Pretty soon iboat's will become a starcraft forum only at this rate!:D

Look forward to watching your progress!

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for the welcome and moved the boat into place to start disassembly. I will most likely have a million questions and now that RobbyA has dragged me out of the cave and taught me how to post pictures ( big thanks to Robby ) I can add pictures with my questions. like where do I attach my engine hoist to lift this engine off the boat.
Kmy_pvTV79BoRcBtN641jA
SDC10049.JPG

Last edited:

Welcome aboard the starcraft fleet! Pretty soon iboat's will become a starcraft forum only at this rate!:D

Look forward to watching your progress!

Hey, hey! Us fiberglass guys have feelings to. Just because those tinnys are a little easier to refurb don't think you all can take over!! ;)