Marmac M-1093-D2 Common Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

why2boats

Cadet
I had posted yesterday that my Merc 470 was stuck in gear, well it is the control that is the issue. Will not actuate the shift, only the throttle. Anyone know how to fix these or suggest an inexpensive replacement? Seems as though the pins that release it to neutral are binding???

beer can

Recruit
Re: Marmac M-1093-D2 Common Issues?

I had posted yesterday that my Merc 470 was stuck in gear, well it is the control that is the issue. Will not actuate the shift, only the throttle. Anyone know how to fix these or suggest an inexpensive replacement? Seems as though the pins that release it to neutral are binding???

I have the same problem with my marmac 1093 allso on my volvo/penta 280 i replaced the shift cable, with no luck so i took the controller off and took it apart i found a broken gear that works the shifter for forward and reverse. sorry for the bad news. i'm ordering a new controller.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Marmac M-1093-D2 Common Issues?

I have the same problem with my marmac 1093 allso on my volvo/penta 280 i replaced the shift cable, with no luck so i took the controller off and took it apart i found a broken gear that works the shifter for forward and reverse. sorry for the bad news. i'm ordering a new controller.

July 23rd, 2010

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Yer alittle late to this party,... why2boats ain't been back since 2010....

rivrrsq

Recruit
Another question. If I take my 1972 Marmac shifter off and replace it. What is the recomended one to get?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
6 years of inactivity! Start a new thread in the Steering and Controls section after reading the Help Tip on top of the page. Thanks.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.