1977 Johnson 115HP Random Start Problem

JDumaw

Recruit
I am having a random problem with my 1977 115HP Johnson. I have connected a bypass to the solenoid for when the key switch does not work ( I also connected a 2nd choke button right next to it) I have tried to get the control center apart but i am afraid to horse it. I have had the top pad off, the side panel and the shift lever, but i cant seem to get any deeper into it to check the neutral switch or the wiring. How do you get one of theese apart. I appreciate any help you can provide.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1977 Johnson 115HP Random Start Problem

An exploded parts diagram is very helpful in this situation. You can see the original parts diagrams your control box on the web at the Bombardier website. epc.brp.com

VA.LAKEMAN

Cadet

Also what start-up procedure are you using?It could be somthing basic or it may be somthing techincal,lets start by knowing how your trying to start it....

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Try the circled areas of the thumbnail, you will need to click it twice. It's not very legible.

Attachments

• Control Panel (2).jpg
    Control Panel (2).jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 0

Scott50

Recruit

Try the circled areas of the thumbnail, you will need to click it twice. It's not very legible.
SAVE MY VACATION!. I have a 1992 Suntracker Party Hut 30 footer. It has dual controls with no name on them. The shifter, when placed in neutral, does not start the boat. how can I bypass the neutral shifter to get the engine started? Sucks to be on the lake and not get home.

Scott50

Recruit

SAVE MY VACATION!. I have a 1992 Suntracker Party Hut 30 footer. It has dual controls with no name on them. The shifter, when placed in neutral, does not start the boat. how can I bypass the neutral shifter to get the engine started? Sucks to be on the lake and not get home.