350 260 hp mercruiser won't start (not firing)

fordsforme

Recruit
i traded for a 1987 celebrity cuddy has fresh 355 mercruiser was running and has lost fire .im new to inboards .i was told to replace the sensor inside the dist and i have but im not sure the wires are in the right places .the guy i traded with had the wires taken loose from the coil and the sensor when i got the boat, he said it just qiut on the lake and had to be towed in and lost fire to the plugs .where can i get a diagram of the ignition setup,there are two purple and two grey going to the coil two black and there are a white with red and a white with green on them not sure where they go .the factory wires are colored the same so i pluged them together but not sure if this is correct,advice and a diagram would be helpful. thanks

fordsforme

Recruit
Re: 350 260 hp mercruiser won't start (not firing)

oh yea i am getting power to the coil and the coil wire with a plug in it the pl will spark not sure where to start

sledog

Recruit
Re: 350 260 hp mercruiser won't start (not firing)

I just had the exact same thing happen to my boat today. Its an 89' Glastron with a 350 magnum merc. Did a quick search and found this thread... hope it helps. I'll be back to where my boat is tomorrow and can snap a few pics of the wiring for you.