edelbrock 1405 vac ports

crazygn

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anyone know if the pcv vac port on this carb will work or should i try to put a 90 on the air cleaner and let the carb pull vac for the pcv valves. This is on a 350

Not sure if that port on the carb pulls vac at WOT or not

dsmmace

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: edelbrock 1405 vac ports

Do not use the carb ports it will suck too much vacumn cause the seals to suck in, etc.

You need to sell that carb and get the 1409 marine version to avoid potential fuel vapor explosion issues.

crazygn

Petty Officer 3rd Class

so i need to pull it from the air cleaner or flame thing:D. I dont have the money at this time but i'll start to price one asap. I need this one to run till i get the other tho. Maybe i will run my blower at all time now when its running

Lyle29464

Lieutenant

You can run the blower but it will not drown out the explosion.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Does your GM 350 have a pcv valve or only a dual vents? Most, especially Mercs, were only vents. Hooking one to the vacuum port on the carb, will be like a big vacuum leak, and make that car carb, which is jetted lean compared to a boat cal, even leaner.

crazygn

Petty Officer 3rd Class

it does have a pcv valve in each valve cover , iam not sure where to pull vac other then the cleaner on top the carb

John_S

Rear Admiral

it does have a pcv valve in each valve cover , iam not sure where to pull vac other then the cleaner on top the carb

The stock vent elbows look like pcv valves, but there is nothing in them. They don't pull any measureable vacuum connected to the flame arrester. It is just to draw in the blow by gases, mainly at idle.

If you do have real pcv valves, it is likely your 350 came from a car/truck.

What year, brand, and drive?