50 Meter Mega Yacht Woes

Alpheus

Lieutenant Commander
The other day when I was landing my helicopter on my yacht, I noticed that 3 of the helipad landing lights were not working. I told my butler to replace the bulbs, but that didnt work. With the economy the way it is right now I really need to save a couple of bucks. Does anyone no where I should tell my butler to start looking for the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Do you think there is a forum like this around???

Tig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 50 Meter Mega Yacht Woes

Yeah, join the club. I've made that mistake before.
You need to tell the butler, to tell the captain to call the deckhand to go deal with the bulbs.
Simple mistake, don't worry about it.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I have the opposite problem. I was trying to run my 14' RIB up the rear ramp of my personal, jolly green (big helo) the other night and had some problems. I usually do this at about 20 kts, with the helo keeping pace. The problem was that a couple of the "lead-in" lights were burned out. Those pesky helo crews - you just can't find good ones any more!

;)

???

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

The other day when I was landing my helicopter on my yacht, I noticed that 3 of the helipad landing lights were not working. I told my butler to replace the bulbs, but that didnt work. With the economy the way it is right now I really need to save a couple of bucks. Does anyone no where I should tell my butler to start looking for the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

If you've had it long enough that helipad lights are burning out, better trade it in on a new one. :D

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

when I have these types of problems I just call Whine one one.

rogerwa

Commander

Hire three people to hold flashlights all night. That's what I did.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Butler? BUTLER?? What the heck are you doing trusting a BUTLER to maintain your vessel??

No wonder you are in trouble.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Obviously you do not understand nautical protocol.

With a boat that big you are "required" to have a
union electrician onboard 24/7.

Along with a union plumber, engine technician and
a machinist. OOPS, almost forgot the welder.

Do you even have a first mate ? What about a captain ?
If your "it", your in "Big" trouble.

What about aeronautical personnel for the landing of the
heliocopter ?

Seems to me your breaking all kinds of "law's".......

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i understand economic problems.

it seems we are all there these days.

in these times of woe....may i suggest colored candles instead of those expensive lights. it will also save on labor charges.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Next time just put the cabin boy up there and set him on fire. Just have a new one shipped in, it's much easier than fixing the lights.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Obviously you do not understand nautical protocol.

With a boat that big you are "required" to have a
union electrician onboard 24/7.

Along with a union plumber, engine technician and
a machinist. OOPS, almost forgot the welder.

Do you even have a first mate ? What about a captain ?
If your "it", your in "Big" trouble.

What about aeronautical personnel for the landing of the
heliocopter ?

Seems to me your breaking all kinds of "law's".......

Yeah, I had a problem with that last year in Rio, I just "dropped" my money clip and the problem went away.:cool:

As for the lights, push the helo overboard and buy a new one with a spot light. You'll be fine. Besides, that color really clashes.:D

45Auto

Commander

Why didn't you just use your other helipad? Everyone I know with a REAL yacht (not one of those little 50 meter wannabe's) has at least 2 helipads.

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

If there is such a forum, I'm sure people like me will never be allowed on them.
(poor)(and sometimes obnoxious..well honestly, most of the time obnoxious)
Besides I have better things to do like teach my kids how to be good people.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Geesh....are you new or something??? FIRE the butler! Obviously he's incompetent.

Let me know where to send my resume, I'm more than prepared to do the job, because I know how to fix a lightbulb.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Geesh....are you new or something??? FIRE the butler! Obviously he's incompetent.

Let me know where to send my resume, I'm more than prepared to do the job, because I know how to fix a lightbulb.

GEEB's, I need another martini, chop chop lad, and don't forget the light bulbs :D

pduquette

Ensign

Make it 3 strong Martini's ; I'll be lit before the bulb is.....:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Just leave that old worn out yacht tied up to the dock and get a new one.:D