2006 Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

DV04

Recruit
Hello,

This is my first post, hopefully you all could help. I ran my boat this past weekend and started having problems as soon as I left the port. It started up no problem at the ramp and in the harbor idling. As I got on plane and left the port it started to depower and lower its RPMs and eventually shut off. It wouldn't turn back on after that. There wasn't any buzzers going off and it was peeing pretty strong and wasn't over heated. Once I took it home and charged the battery I tried to start it up again. I checked the inline filter and the fuel/water separator and they seemed ok. Once I primed it up again and tried to start it, it idled shaky. I could rev it up in neutral but as I came down it would shut off. After that it wouldn't turn over again. Any ideas? I hadn't run it in over a month but last time I did it ran perfect.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2006 Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

if it wont crank then double check all battery connections.
do a forum search on battery voltage drop test, then break out the multimeter.

DV04

Recruit

Will do, thanks a lot. Would the battery affect the boat once it is already on plane? It got up fine and it then eventually depowered on its own? I was originally thinking it was the gas. The check engine sign came but there weren't any buzzers going off.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

if your engine is equipped with water detect you only get an audible alarm in nuetral.
stupid yes but I did not design it.
low battery voltage can and will shut the motor down as the injectors,fuel pump and ign system are all 12V systems.