Motorguide Warranty

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 3 year warranty with motorguide and I had to pay a warranty center because someone repaired it and it voided the warranty,I spoke to the marina that I bought the motor from and they said they do not work on trolling motors,Now I am left with the bill. I"ve called motorguide consumers affair and they told me tough luck and to begin with I bought a lemon, The first month I got it I had to replace the motherboard and nothing but problems after that. Anyone on here have had any issues with Motorguide wireless trolling motors aka (Mercury Marine).

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Motorguide Warranty

Are you saying that you had work done other than an authorized dealer? Then you submitted the bill to Motorguide that won't reimburse you?

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you saying that you had work done other than an authorized dealer? Then you submitted the bill to Motorguide that won't reimburse you?

Only an authorized warranty dealer worked on the motor and I have to pay for it, Even though its supposed to be warrantied for 3 years. I am being screwed over and there's nothing I can do about it. I spoke to a customer service supervisor (lynn) today at Motorguide and ask her where do I go from here and she blew me out the door. Motorguide made their money so did the marina and their warranty dealer and am left with there defective product. I love their wireless units but I hope they had better customer service:mad:

Reel Kahuna

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow...you had warranty work on the motor by an authorized dealer and they still charged you?? Very odd... At this point I'd have to call Lynn's supervisor and if I didn't get it resolved there, I'd call his/her supervisor :(

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Something doesn't add up, but it sounds like what happened is this. You bought the TM used from a marina. The PO had a problem with it and took it to an unauthorized shop for repair, thereby voiding the warranty. After you began having problems with it you took it to an authorized shop, but since the warranty was voided by the PO Motorguide wouldn't cover the work. Is that accurate? If so, I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you can work something out with the PO and/or marina. If not, you need to determine whether the warranty was transferrable, and assuming it was, document everything and go back to Motorguide, being firm and persistent but polite.

John_S

Rear Admiral

My interpretation was he is the original owner, but the motherboard replacement was done by the marina (where it was purchased) or someone else, and not an authorized warranty repair center. It also sounds like they performed this new repair before telling him it was not covered, because of the prior work. I believe they would have had to tell you that, before performing the work.

It still suks that MG seems to be walking away from this. Advertise and market a 3 Year warranty, but just fight or use the loop holes to not pay. I haven't heard enough detail to know if there is a possibility that the prior work was done wrong and could have caused the current problem.

Concerned MG Wireless owner.

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Something doesn't add up, but it sounds like what happened is this. You bought the TM used from a marina. The PO had a problem with it and took it to an unauthorized shop for repair, thereby voiding the warranty. After you began having problems with it you took it to an authorized shop, but since the warranty was voided by the PO Motorguide wouldn't cover the work. Is that accurate? If so, I'm afraid you're out of luck unless you can work something out with the PO and/or marina. If not, you need to determine whether the warranty was transferrable, and assuming it was, document everything and go back to Motorguide, being firm and persistent but polite.

The warranty dealer thinks someone other than an authorized dealer worked on it and thats what voided the warranty, I got some more info today that there were silicone and excess grease thats why I got the bill instead of being covered by motorguide. I will post some pics tommorrow of the W55.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

The warranty dealer thinks someone other than an authorized dealer worked on it and thats what voided the warranty, I got some more info today that there were silicone and excess grease thats why I got the bill instead of being covered by motorguide. I will post some pics tommorrow of the W55.

I guess what I'm not clear on is how and when an unauthorized shop got its hands on it. Are you the original owner? If so, you have a major beef with someone. It's just a question of whom.

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I guess what I'm not clear on is how and when an unauthorized shop got its hands on it. Are you the original owner? If so, you have a major beef with someone. It's just a question of whom.

I am the original owner and because I had a leak with grease spewling every where they probably taught I put silicone on the motor. This will be the last Mercury Marine product I will buy because of their poor Customer Service.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I am the original owner and because I had a leak with grease spewling every where they probably taught I put silicone on the motor. This will be the last Mercury Marine product I will buy because of their poor Customer Service.

Wow! Don't blame you for being upset. Sounds like you just need to keep pestering them until they live up to their obligation. Any chance of the warranty shop going to bat for you?

John_S

Rear Admiral

because I had a leak with grease spewling every where they probably taught I put silicone on the motor.

When you get he pictures please post them. I am not aware of any grease that should/could spew out. There is probably some within the sealed bearings in the motor.

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow! Don't blame you for being upset. Sounds like you just need to keep pestering them until they live up to their obligation. Any chance of the warranty shop going to bat for you?

The warranty shop is putting blame on the marina that sold me the motor, But listen to this the Marina is stating that they do not work on trolling motors. I suggest to everyone to stay away from Mercury Marine products for their poor customer Service, I only get f****d over once.

Kamdyn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

When you get he pictures please post them. I am not aware of any grease that should/could spew out. There is probably some within the sealed bearings in the motor.

I have the pics but do not know how to post them, Please send me a PM on how to post.

John_S

Rear Admiral

You might have to resize to use the "Manage Attachements" button in the "Additional Options" box in the Reply window.

You can also host pictures on a photo site and just provide links.

Otherwise, I'll PM you my email and I can host them.