Oh No, what to do? 1971 starcraft

jjacobs007

Lieutenant
Hey iboaters! Just bought this 1971 starcraft boat center console and man does it have problems. I have always owned fiberglass boats and this is my first big aluminum boat and man it has me scared.I have a post under restoration boats but not many opionions are coming my way. This is my dream boat sounds funny but true.Please help my boat get to the water.Search 1971 starcraft in restoration to find me ok, thanks, or just reply.Paid $400.00 for her and trailer with no title on trailer, but boat has title.but no vin number on boat anywhere.except the numbers on bow.

Last edited:

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Oh No, what to do? 1971 starcraft

a glass guy gone tinny.

traitor.......lol :D

congrats on the find....
as you know there are a lot of starcraft projects in the resto section....lots of help here bud !

cheers
oops

dozerII

Admiral

Welcome JJ if you scroll on down to the starcraft section found at the bottom of the menu you will find a whole Starmada of guys willing to offer there opinions.
Glen

Last edited:

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Beautiful Boat! What kind of problems are we talking about. Heck it's a metal boat, other than a hole the size of a basketball theres not to much on them that isn't real easy to fix. Thats gonna be an awesome fishing and playing platform.

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

Problems oh ya we got em.seriously its aluminum and im gonna strip all the wood out and test for leaks but the transom has a few small spots size of dime or smaller that has eroded behind the paint eaten the aluminum and i can see the transom wood by the tydown on port side. the rest of transom seems ok.tell more stories after i strip her.what would cause this?guess ill take a pen all test every inch of boat for more problem areas.looks like the bubble paint will give away the spots.

Last edited:

jjacobs007

Lieutenant

found some pics of my boat new, called the mariner sport boat.and learned all the important stuff too.

bekosh

Lieutenant

a glass guy gone tinny.

traitor.......lol :D

There is one advantage of Aluminum over glass.

If all else fails you can still get about $.65-$.75 a pound for it. ;)
Try that with a glass boat. :D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

There is a huge following for these old tin cans. Come on down to the Starcraft section, introduce yourself and ask any questions you have.

We love to help one another and the advice is top notch. Welcome to the Starmada (Starcraft Armada). These old tinnies clean up real nice.