You have GOT to be joking!!!!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Just received a letter in the post from Mercury Marine Australia, that I have to share with you all...

They are asking me to take my boat to a Mercury Marine dealer for servicing, this being the same company that washed its hand of me because my cracked timing cover was a couple of months out of warranty, because "Nobody knows your engine like us"... Again, the same company that wouldn't even suggest a fix for the problem....

Chris....
(Still have my mouth open in astonishment!)

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: You have GOT to be joking!!!!

Chris, You know that's just Automated Marketing to them, You are just another number to them when it comes to things like this.:p

You do know they really have no idea about your situation when they send those types of letters out.;)

So I was wondering, do you have a dealer in mind to help you change out your expensive spark plugs.:p:D:D:D

achris

Chris, You know that's just Automated Marketing to them, You are just another number to them when it comes to things like this.:p

Yeah, I know, but still.....

Boat Tech said:
You do know they really have no idea about your situation when they send those types of letters out.;)

Proving, yet again, that we are not customers, just numbers.....

Boat Tech said:
So I was wondering, do you have a dealer in mind to help you change out your expensive spark plugs.:p:D:D:D

Already done... JustJason very kindly bought the plugs and sent them to me... Instead of costing $24 ea and me having to drive to the spark plug shop, they cost me $4 each, delivered to my door!

Cheers,

Chris (Just getting it off my chest)...........

a70eliminator

Captain

I would sed them a "remember me" letter along with the advertisement, just to see what they would offer to pull you back in.

achris

I would sed them a "remember me" letter along with the advertisement, just to see what they would offer to pull you back in.

Already done.... :D

Chris.....
(anybody want a copy, just PM me:D)

JustJason

Vice Admiral

I still get letters like that in the mail addressed to my deceased grandfather over cars he owned 6-7+ years ago. Once your on a mailing list... it seems like your on forever, wether you like it or not.

Sorta like targeted spam, even though it's done through the mail.