1989 90hp fuel pump

johnson89

Petty Officer 1st Class
well been working on this motor for 3 months now an got the ign. problem fixed(I hope)..replace power pack an coils, both dead.replaced water pump.went too put it all back together an put the battery in,pump the fuel bulb an gas is spraying out of the fuel pump,I took it off an checked the torx screws an they were a little loose an gave them a few turns but still leaking fuel out of seams. noway can I afford a new 400.oo vro fuel pump.Is there a replacement pump that will fit this motor or do they have parts too fix the leak, I looked under the top secret files an really didn't seem to find what I was looking for.Maybe some time this year this thing will run again..............

johnson89

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1989 90hp fuel pump

took the fuel pump off this morning too have a look, and it looks almost new on the inside,,I pumped the the pump by hand and seems too look well all around, there seems too be no o-ring or anything that should seal the housing up.It is leaking in the seam at about 3 diffrent places. anybody ever have this problem...........

Attachments

• P1010005b.jpg
    P1010005b.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 0