tilt/trim switch problem

snunicycler

Recruit
hi everyone! ok... this is tough to explain for me since i am new to working with boats and electronics so bear with me.
i have a 1981 glastron ssv-176 with an evinrude v4 140 hp motor. the trim switch would not trim down. i looked at the switch and the connector for the red wire has broken off. the blue and green ones (down and up) are still connected at the switch but the blue is broken where it is spiced into another cable... which runs from the fuse box to the drivers control panels.
ok so i need: (1) a new switch i think because i cannot figure out how to fix the connector and i am sure that they are not too expensive.
and (2) i need to fix the wires whether that means to re splice them or replace them or whatever.... but my MAIN problem is replacing the switch.

i attached two pictures, one is the underneath part of the switch and it shows the connectors (kind of...) and the other one is a picture of the front of the switch.
if anyone knows where i can get another switch like this one ( or one that is different but will work) let me know. i appreciate it, sorry for the long post!

Attachments

• 07202002.jpg
    07202002.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 07202003a.jpg
    07202003a.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 0

NYBo

Admiral
Re: tilt/trim switch problem

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

Here is the switch I bought for my tilt & trim. Looks to be almost exactly like yours.

I would replace that blue wire unless you can verify it's in good shape other than the broken splice.