Stupid Mistake

Mork

Cadet
Hi Folks,

Just recently put my 14' boat and 15hp Johnson in the water for the first time.
Ran really well for an hour or so until I noticed a lack of power and the motor would not idle. Checked everything I could think of but not the obvious. I had forgotten to open the tank vent. Live and learn I guess. How common is this?

Jim

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: Stupid Mistake

Everyone is allowed to do that once.

Fuzzytbay

Chief Petty Officer

could have been worse, you might have forgoten to put mix in the gas.....forgetting to open a tank vent happens to us all, ...more than once, I am afraid to say

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Hey, at least you didn't launch the boat, without puting in the drain plug. Now, talk about embarrassment.:D:D

jasper60103

Commander

Oh yes, been there, done that. It was my very first launch with the new boat, so I was nervous. I had just started the thing at home to make sure everything would go smooth at the lake, and I couldn't get it to even pop. A friendly passerby-er asked "is the tank vented" and I felt so embarrassed.

Mork

Cadet

Hey, at least you didn't launch the boat, without puting in the drain plug. Now, talk about embarrassment.:D:D

That must have been a panic situation. I can see myself saluting and going down with her :D