engine question before I buy it!!!

betayv

Senior Chief Petty Officer
hello there I have a 228/305 mercruiser in my 95 wellcraft, I would like to upgrade to a bigger engine I found this ad, and I would like to know if this engine will work they want 1500$ for it what do you guys think...

on sale or trade Mercruiser 350 RH complete engine with borg warner transmission, heat exchanger, performance 4 barrel carburetor and allot more. The engine has approximately 200 hours after professionally mercruiser rebuild. It's a complete drop in engine witch starts right up and runs very strong. Selling because this engine wont work for my boat i need LH rotation mercruiser to use with I/O. So i will sale or trade for LH Mercruiser 350 5.7 for stern drive application. . Thanks.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: engine question before I buy it!!!

Its a reverse rotation , wont work.

betayv

ok thanks....

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Not only is it Righthanded,... It's set up with a transmisson,... Lot'sa Differences...

betayv

ok by the way what is the difference between the left rotation and right rotation internally? what make a engine turn left or right, sorry for the question just trying to learn...

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

You dont want much ,do you
motor dosent care how it turns, in a normal motor a chain connects the crank gear to the cam gear. cam turns the same way as the crank. When you reverse the crank , the cam still turns like a normal engine clockwise. To make it work the cam rotation is reversed using gears instead of a chain.

betayv

ah ok thanks for the explanationn...