FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I disconnected the blue and yellow wires and tested resistance red probe to blue, black probe to yellow and have an open circuit as per the manual described. am I safe to assume the stator is shot?
Re: no resistance/open on blue/yellow stator wires
I believe You are reading something wrong. I don't have any force manuals (and don't want any) but the 2 yellow wires normally go to a rectifier. You shouldn't read any resistance between a yellow and the blue.