motor wont turn over

i have been through it all with this1979 eveinrude 100hp outboard.motor ran good for a while when i bought it second hand.then thats where the problems came in.i went fishing and went through some lillies.well my motor got hot and i burned a head gasket.i got towed back to landing.called my mechanic he said my motor was fried that it was gonna cost me $1800.00 to rebuild it.so i called another mechanic that worked for his self.he came to my house and told me to buy 2 head gaskets and 4 new plugs.hechanged it . and it ran good for 3 more trips.went through some more lillies then it got over heated again.well 2 more head gaskets put on and took thermostats out cause they were stuck.i also put shaker screen over the holes on lower unit.well tried to start my motor again my bendix was bad chaned that still didnt want to turn over.put a used starter solinoid water got to it some how.but it still doesnt turn over.so what do i do from here.somebody please help me.its been a night mare.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: motor wont turn over

Is it seized?
Remove the spark plugs and try to rotate the flywheel by hand, will it rotate?

its not seized cause i could turn flywheel by hand starter is not engaging to turn motor.i put another bendix from another starter and a second hand starter solinoid.im wondering if wires or right.

Al-53

Chief Petty Officer

does the starter do ant thing when you turn the key.....try to turn at all..if not check your in line fuse see if its blown....its goes to the solenoid.....if good clean all the connections....from battery to starter....

try jumping the starter....hook jumpers to the pos stud and engine ground and then to battery...see if it spins....

Al

my motor finally turned over it was the starter solenoid and the bendix that i put on the starter is the wrong one my old one turned it over but it free spins.so i will buy me a new bendix wednsday. and that should hopefully all she wrote back to ripping lip.thnx for all ya'll help ya'll got me going again.and one more question i have a 14'homemade flat i was wondering if a 115 evinrude was too much?cause thats what i have that 115 on.