johnson stalls in gear

Dawgs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have an 87 johnson 150 VRO. had it out the last couple days any it ran flawlessly until saturday.. 3 times it bogged down and stalled. twice on take off and once at WOT after about 20 mins running good. all three times it started right back up with no problem.

ok well the s*&t hit the fan yesterday. while driving at WOT the motor alarmed. i thought i counted 4 beeps then it stopped. 3 minutes later the motor bogged and stalled out. (fealt like it ran out of fuel) the only way to start it is if i depressed the throttle release and start it at full throttle. it ran good until i put it in gear. then it stalls out. long story short. it runs good until it goes in gear. then im lucky if it idles but if i give it gas it will stall. i removed both fuel filters and bypassed them to see if that was the problem. it wasnt. the primer ball kept getting soft but not collapsing. i think i tried everything but no luck.

help

Dawgs

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: johnson stalls in gear

well now it wont start at all. compression is good. spark is good. changed all the fuel lines. she still wont start. seems like shes not getting fuel