Removing transom mounts and the glues

marinetank0

Recruit
hi
The transom on my bombard tropic went rotten:mad: and being strapped for cash im trying to repair it.
How do i remove the mount that held the existing wood? some have said heat and some chemicals, whats best?:confused:
next im gonna cut a piece of marine ply to shape, how do i glue it in, using the existing mounts i presume, what would give the best seal?
any other advice?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Removing transom mounts and the glues

hi
The transom on my bombard tropic went rotten:mad: and being strapped for cash im trying to repair it.
How do i remove the mount that held the existing wood? some have said heat and some chemicals, whats best?:confused:
next im gonna cut a piece of marine ply to shape, how do i glue it in, using the existing mounts i presume, what would give the best seal?
any other advice?

Let a wood and a boat repair shop do their respective work, it's a hell of a job and time consuming to do it correctly, if you don't have the least idea on how it's done, don't experiment, engine do sink very fast along with transom :rolleyes:

Happy Boating

marinetank0

Recruit

but thats money which i dont have and it would be better to replace the boat if im gonna spent ?100+ on it

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

but thats money which i dont have and it would be better to replace the boat if im gonna spent ?100+ on it

Will depend if it's a nice well kept overall boat to have it proffesionally repaired, a boat costs much more than L 100 for sure, If tubes, floors are in opt state, repair it, will save you lots of money if opting going for other boat.

Happy Boating