ALternator Conversion for 3.7 liter 165hp.

Chado339

Cadet
Im looking for a good priced alternator conversion kit for my 3.7 liter merc with power steering. Stator is bad and was told this is the better way to go. If you have got some leads. Let me know.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator:

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
Re: ALternator Conversion for 3.7 liter 165hp.

Im looking for a good priced alternator conversion kit for my 3.7 liter merc with power steering. Stator is bad and was told this is the better way to go. If you have got some leads. Let me know.

Chad
Just ordered the low mount kit (with PS) from Breezeworks: http://www.breezeworks.net/ $299 +$18 shipping, it is waiting for me at the post office right now.:D

ericcarr2000

Ensign

I purchased mine from e-bay a few months ago, although, mine is for a NON power steering unit. Cost was $290.00, thing charges great. No problems here, as of yet any way, lol...;)

Breezeworks.com is the best bang for the buck. complete kit. They have powersteering and non power steering kits. Difference is where the alt is located and includes all items required. I actually made my own brackets that bolt to the head and front timing cover. Bought a marine alternator and measured the belt with a piece of wire. Is working great, best thing done to the engine.

Alternator purchased here:

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3610-...r-mercruiser-3-wire-105-amp-10si-adr0106.aspx

quick shipper very satisified. But best bolt in kit and forget it is at breezeworks.com or net???? Terry???

stonyloam

Vice Admiral

quick shipper very satisified. But best bolt in kit and forget it is at breezeworks.com or net???? Terry???

.net. I'll let you know how it works tomorrow;). I did however talk to Keven (runs the place), he was great took my order on Sunday afternoon, and it shipped out from his manufacturer on Monday. Been sitting at the post office since Wed. got to go pick it up (hard to leave the lake:rolleyes:).

TiredoleBoy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Breezeworks.com is the best bang for the buck. complete kit. They have powersteering and non power steering kits.

Alternator purchased here:

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3610-...r-mercruiser-3-wire-105-amp-10si-adr0106.aspx

Hahaha same places i got my stuff from. The belt actually came in the kit from breezeworks even though I bought the alternator elsewhere.

Chado339

Cadet

Thanks for the info. Anyone know who the manufacturer in new england is. I live in southern maine and hope to order one tomorrow. I want it by wed cause I'm heading to the lake.

dirtdiver

Petty Officer 2nd Class

does the alternator need to be a 3 wire or does it matter