prop and setup help

qwackhead

Cadet
i have a 15 foot flat bottom aluminum boat with a 30hp 3cyl yamaha and cmc trim it has a 13p solas prop at wot with just me alone i can run about 35mph and 5100rpm before it starts to pourpose. now with two people in the boat i can run about 33mph and about 5000rpm. i can only ge verry little positive trim and only with two people if im alone i cant get any positive trim without it beating your brains out. what should my wot be and what type prop would work well with my setup. my cavitation plate is even with the bottom of th boat. thanks for any help i need to get all i can from this motor im please so far but would like to get all i can.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: prop and setup help

I would say your darn close to what you are going to get.Is the motor a tiller?Have you tried moving tank and battery(s) forward? Your antivent (cavitation) plate should be visable at speed.You could go to a 12" pitch.Same brand,to keep your results predictable.

qwackhead

Cadet

yes its a tiller and my antivent plate isnt visible at speed so i may need to bring the motor up some and my boat setup wont allow me to move my battery or fuel tank wish i could.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I think they have tiller extesions for a 30 that would get you in the middle seat.

qwackhead

Cadet

no middle seat this is my duck boat nuthing but a rear seat and a front deck and a gun box