does any one us a blackberry gps

mischief2145

Cadet
Hey all just picked up a blackberry 9700.... It can do gps was wondering if any one has tried or uses one on there boat????

pmih61

Cadet
Re: does any one us a blackberry gps

my brother in law has one...
we took it out on my boat last weekend and it worked great. It even told me the speed of the boat. I wasn't so sure about the accuracy of the speed function so I checked it in my car and it was only 1 to 2 mph off. We were able to zoom up on the maps and see our drift patterns while fishing. All in all it was a pretty cool thing to have.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

I wasn't so sure about the accuracy of the speed function so I checked it in my car and it was only 1 to 2 mph off.
The accruacy of GPS is such that I'd say the speedometer in your car was only off 1 to 2 mph. :D:D

beringersd

Seaman

Hello
I have a HCT Droid Incredible and use the GPS all the time. Its works great and using google maps. I was on a huge lake and couldnt find the ramp. Maybe too much sun for the day as well. It showed me right were to go.
Hope this helps.

mischief2145

Cadet

great ... thanks for the info. do i have to use a special program or just the gps??? thanks alot for the info.