mercury sport jet 90 red stator adapter

313b0ss429

Cadet
Hi, i just recently bought a dynasty jet storm. when i bought the boat it had no spark seemed to be a easy fix as the ignition is very simple. but my problem is now i have tried many things even as far as buying another used ignition everything but the stator. i already have 3 16 amp red stators all 3 ohm test fine right around 650 to 680 on green white wires. yellows ohm at .4/.5 volts. i tested the a/c output of the stator on the motor and it cranks right around 180v. so this all would tell me the stators are fine and i tested the triggers as well which test fine. but my big problem would be i have no idea if i have power going to my switchbox. the boat was on the 3 days before i bought it so i know it ran recently. its getting fuel and has great compression just no spark. so how do i go about testing is i have power going to the switch box i have the red stator with green white wires which go into a small black box called the stator adapter and comes out with 1 ground and 1 purple wire but i am not sure how to test that adapter 2 see if its good or not. short of me buying a good oem black stator and hooking it up i cant test my system anymore till i find out if the adapter is good. if anyone has any idea what kinda voltage the adapter should put out it would help me out greatly thanks.

saumon

Lieutenant
Re: mercury sport jet 90 red stator adapter

What's the serial# or year of your engine?

313b0ss429

Cadet

the boat is a 94. serial # is 0e078372. and the adapter box has a number of 334949a3 2491 . hope this helps

saumon

Lieutenant

Haven't been able to locate the manual for your particular engine but here's an OEM service manual for 90/120hp SportJet 1995 and up starting with 0E095088. Compare the ignition parts, maybe they were the same.
http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/JetDrive/831996r1/cover.pdf
Check the section 2A, you'll find the correct procedures and specs for troubleshooting the ignition system. You'll need a DVA capable meter or a DVA adapter.

If you don't find what you're looking for, check this one, it cover the regular (not SportJet) 75hp trought 125hp 2-stroke for your year range and the ignition section (also 2A) give the specs and procedures for both 9amps black and 16amps red stators with adapter.
http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/TwoStroke/830234r3/cover.pdf

Hope it help.

79Merc80

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hello:

Just so you are aware, the Sport Jet series 90 and 120 are actually Force powerheads, not Mercury. You should also try the Force/Chrysler threads for more information.

Craig