In and out of lake powell ? Ramp checks

roadhard

Cadet
I will be headed to powell soon for some fun in the sun and some killer fishing! I have heard that the boat inspections are really getting tough there. I have read that if water is found anywhere in your boat they will not let you launch. I plan on staying in page and will have to take my bass boat out every evening. What happens when I show up the next day and a little water is in ??? live wells or bottom of hull?? Has anyone been there lately and has lauched several days in a row? I plan on purchasing a seven day boat permit and want to make sure they will let me on several days in a row. Water seems to always be somewhere when you play pulling tubes, swimming and fish hard. This is a expensive trip and I would like to make sure I can go out every day. thanks for some insight on this

jeepnsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: In and out of lake powell ? Ramp checks

Most lakes offer a "post launch" inspection where they put a seal between boat and winch. If the the seal is not broken, then no inspection is required. :) At least it's like that in most SoCAL Lakes then they do inspect.