water in oil on 86 merc chevy v6

KANSASBOATGUY

Recruit
ok here it goes i have a 86 merc inboard chevy v6 first time out this summer and where what went wrong
1.charged the batterys and it started right up idled for about 10 sec with no water i just wanted to make sure it would start before i got to the lake
2.got to the lake started right up ran for about 2 or 3 min and stalled
3.start and die the start then die pulled the cover off the motor then the breather
4.started it back up then the milky with oil puked out the breather tubes
5.pilled the oil dip stick and its full of water

now i know its sounds like something froze and broke but i did not winterise it but it was stored in the shop that stayed at 60deg all winter
so does anyone have any ideas on what it could be or how or what to check first anything would help ?????

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: water in oil on 86 merc chevy v6

Definitely a cracked block,what makes you think the electric stayed on all winter???

KANSASBOATGUY

Recruit

because it is attached to the house and we have a back up generator so im certain we never lost power..
thanks

KANSASBOATGUY

Recruit

I have been a mechainc for years and have rebuilt many chevy v6 and v8 motors i guess what im tryin to find out is there something i dont know about on boat motors that could be letting water in besides a crack some where cause im certain it did not freeze ..

just curious before i pull the motor and find out its a silly o ring or something somewhere

thanks again:D

Bondo

Staff member

i guess what im tryin to find out is there something i dont know about on boat motors that could be letting water in besides a crack some where cause im certain it did not freeze ..

Nope...
Pressurize the block,+ listen for the leak, then follow the sound..

fossill

Chief Petty Officer

Motors 24 years old if its original. Maybe head or intake gasket ?