1969 115 Evinrude on a 170 Sprint

luckyfind

Cadet
I have 1969 evinrude 115 "I know I have read plently!" Its on a 1969 Sprint Im trying to post pics. But anyways I have been given a boat that looks like to be in great shape. I have more in the MFG area on this boat. But here is my question motor seems to work as I tried to crank the prop spun but in foward gear. Now that model from what I have read is a Hydro-Static or something like that. I hit the buttons for neutral but motor does not shift to neutral. So I got to reading on hear about fixing this problem. Now when I started to look at the wiring under dash and control box I have found a birds nest of wires. Some loose some cut But the guages work but the appeal of those wires did not sit good with me. I have been told to get manual and thats what Im trying to do now. I read that there are some people here that bought a manual only to be disappointed in the lack of information in the manuals. I need to know a couple things. Which manual is the best? I plan on running all new wire to everything on the boat lights air horns everything. I am hoping that once new wire is run to everything Im hoping all my problems will be fixed. There is one other question I have. Now this might be a little weird but I found what looks like well squirrel testicals. One on the motor and one under the dash. Im just wondering if this is normal. Picture those things that people hang from their tow hitch.