The hole in the wall mystery

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I probably ought to save this for a Red sky at night. . . article, but I think I may need help solving it.

Several months ago (I have no idea of the date) I came into my den/office and found the guns off my wall rack on the floor, along with miscellaneous stuff I keep on the gun rack.:eek:It appeared that they had been knocked off the rack. There was no other displacement of stuff in the room and no obvious reason for the stuff from the rack being knocked off.

I interviewed my cat, but she is too small and too old to have committed such vandalism. She is about 6LB and 19 years old.

Nothing was damaged, so I wrote it all off to evil spirits, put the stuff back on the rack and forgot about it.

Then, last week my housekeeper lady told me that there is a hole in the siding of my house. She showed me a hole, about 4"X7", in the fiber/cement siding. A bird had built a nest inside, so it seems to have been there for a while.

The hole is dead center on the outside of the location of my gun rack!

I think something about the size of my fist busted a hole in that siding and hit the inner wall with enough force to knock my guns down. There is 6" of fiberglass insulation between. Whatever it was must still be in there somewhere. I am thinking meteorite.

If you have ideas or suggestions I would appreciate them, here or by PM.

Summer Fun

Banned
Re: The hole in the wall mystery

JB, If it was a meteorite. ?? get a metal detector to see if it picks it up. :)
Or put your hand in there and try to find whatever it is / was that made the hole. :D

jonesg

Admiral

If its a meteorite its probably worth money.
Some guys make a living chasing them.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Meteorite through the wall? Roof maybe, ricochet possibly, hit something with the mower more likely. Any straight-line winds during that period of time? Half blind crazy woodpecker? Luv's me a good mystery! :D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Meteorite through the wall? Roof maybe, ricochet possibly, hit something with the mower more likely. Any straight-line winds during that period of time? Half blind crazy woodpecker? Luv's me a good mystery! :D

I will see your "woodpecker" and raise you two mating squirrels, that took over the hole.

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Maybe your next door neighbor has bigger guns than you... got drunk, and did some blasting of his front porch :)

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Here's my theory:
Somebody was trying to steal your guns. They knew where they were, took a sledgehammer to bust through the wall, and took off when the guns hit the floor and made a racket.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

We need PICS!!! Forensics quality!!!:D

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Go to the local hospital and see if anyone came in during the time period with a broken hand and make sure your neighbors don't have broken hands:D

JB

I will take some pix.

The nearest neighbor on the east side is over a mile away.

Did you ever try to put your fist through 1/2" of fibrous concrete and 6" of insulation, then hit a wall hard enough to eject guns from a rack on the other side?

Mereorites do not always fall straight down. Quite often they fall like rain in a high wind. . . slanted.

As you will see when you see pix of the gun rack, it took a mightier whack than a person could muster to penetrate the siding and 6" of fiberglass and still whack the back of the rack hard enough to dump my arsenal.

A mower-thrown rock would have to be about a pound or more and fly about 150' from my neighbor's pasture. It would have destroyed a field mower, I think.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Maybe blue ice from a leaky holding tank on an airplane? If there is no evidence anything inside the wall, I would think it would have to be a chunk of ice from a airplane. Ice melts and leaves nothing behind. Just another thought........SS

Don S

Are your neighbors into scale model cannons by any chance? :eek: :eek:

http://www.cannon-mania.com/ArsenalStore.htm

attachment.php

No one says they have to use golf balls in it.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
    cannon.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

A mower-thrown rock would have to be about a pound or more and fly about 150' from my neighbor's pasture. It would have destroyed a field mower, I think.

That neighbor doesn't have kids that play with a potato gun:eek:

I would think a meteorite would have gone through both inner and outer wall ( I could be wrong though)

roncoop75

Petty Officer 1st Class

If the projectile is still in the wall, and it's a potato, you should probably remove it before it rots and causes other problems. On that note, does the hole stink, like rotting potato stink?

A bigger mystery is how you got that cat to live 19 years. :D

I had one make it that long, and only that long. She was pretty rough at that point.

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Do not know the layout of your place but is there any chance someone with a pickup , tailgate down could have backed into it turning around ?

gonfishn

Commander

By any chance have you had any med changes in the past few weeks.

ezbtr

Commander

frozen "blue ice" from an airliners waste tank?

foodfisher

Captain

Manmade space debris returning home. Probably metalic. A metal detector should sound off at the exact location for removal.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sorry JB.
There was someone posting on here a few months ago, asking how to back up a trailer.
I gave him your address and told him to go there and practice, and ask you for pointers if needed.

Seems he got too close to the house, and one of his long side bunks hit the wall.