1983 johnson 70 hp J70elcte running on one cylinder

patrick4266

Chief Petty Officer
Compression is 120 on all 3. I rebuilt the carbs, good spark Here's the problem. It seems to be only running on #2 cylinder. I can put both hands over one and three carbs and it runs the same. Heres a little history on the motor. I had it laying in my garage for about a year as a parts motor. I had took off the coil's and power pack. So a year later I decieded to put it back together. The funny thing is I could not get the power pack to bolt up to where the wires reached to the coils. What I need is a diagram of exactly where the power bpack wires go to which coils, although I have tried different combinations to no effect as far as it running better. I been trying to figure it out for a couple of weeks now any help would be greatly appreciated

awsome66nova

Cadet
Re: 1983 johnson 70 hp J70elcte running on one cylinder

Hello, I took some photos of my 83 johnson 70hp. My power pack bolts up on the side, with the wires running to a plug that plugs into the coil packs. No other connections are necessary. I'm new on here but would like to send the photos to you and don't think I can post them here. Send me your email and I will send you the photos.