What prop to get.....Your opinions please

Bri7070

Cadet
Hello All,

I am in the market for a new prop and would like to get your opnions.

What I have is an 87 Searay Sivelle 190 Bowrider. It has a three blade 14.5X19 prop on it now.

I normally boat at 5,000 ft elevation and tring to pull three people on a tube and three people in the boat it takes forever to plane. I have down jetted the carb from 165 jets to 155 jets and it runs great. With out the load of the tube it does ok and would top out at 38-40 mph. Not sure of rpm, tach is not working (it is on the honey-do list) I would like more bottom end and dont mind losing 5 mph or so on the top end.

I am looking at a four blade prop for the better bottom end and the smoother running.

My local boat shop reccommends a 15x16 four blade prop.

What are your thoughts.

Thank you
Brian

Bondo

Staff member
Re: What prop to get.....Your opinions please

What are your thoughts.

Ayuh,... Wrong forum Brian,... Post this in the Prop forum,...

Brewman61

Ensign

You might try posing this question in the prop. forum, this forum is for Stearndrive repair issues and the like. The prop forum might get you a better discussion.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Its difficult to make suggestion without your present max rpm and speed lightly loaded.We don't know if you are correctly propped now so no way to know where to start from. The 16 will surely help your hole shot but may run out of legs early.