21ft Boat Christening and naming

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OK. I have had some really bad luck with my boat this year. We have had the boat about 3 years, give or take. It was never named by the previous owner, and we did not name it either. Lately though we have been feeling like the water Gods are mad at us.

Can I still name and Christen it? or is it too late? I have read many procedures, and I think I will use the method as follows, letter the boat with her name, put the boat in the water, pour an adult beverage over the bow, tell her what her new name will be, and tell her she is the love of my life.

Does this sound good? Can I do it in my driveway or does it need to be in the water? I just dont want to block a ramp while I am doing this. Or have people look at me like I am nutz and possibly call the guys in white coats on me.

If you are interested, here is how my season has gone so far. After several years of relatively trouble free boating.

First we get a knock in the engine. I purchase another engine that turns out to be a junk engine. Then I buy a rebuilt bottom end, and find out my valves are cracked. Numerous problems followed putting it together. I get down to putting in the outdrive and I cant get it back in. So I finally break down and take it to a shop. He calls while I am out of town and tells me I need a gimbal bearing. I have a new one at home, but am out of town. SO I tell hime to just replace it. Then find out I am 33 days out on my purchase of the one at home, and I cannot return it because their return policy is 30 days. Take it for a test run and hit something below the surface in the middle of the river and bend the prop(in all the years I have been boating I have never bent a prop). Then we stop at a marine supply store and my wife locks the keys in the truck with it running, boat attatched to the back blocking half the parking lot. We bought a prop, put it on while we waited for roadside service, took it back out and had a great day. Yesterday had a nice day on the river too. No problems.

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 21ft Boat Christening and naming

OK but I am not renaming it. Has never been named. I have read so many versions of this ceremony that I just dont know which one to go with. This one looks good though. I just cant stand champagne. LOL

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All done. Last weekend we officially named and Christened. Even caught it on camera. We used a traditional Christening/naming ceremony. She is officially "WISH'N WELL". We are allready reaping the benefits.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats, btw did you see in the traditional naming ceremony the part that states...once accomplished you must buy the first round for anyone who asks :D

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Everyone there got a round, probably 2 or 3. LOL