We upgraded our boat!

Goundworks3

Cadet
We finally upgraded, makes momma happier on the water, 1st time without an open bow, but its workin' great for the kids! Being 6 & 3 yrs old, keeps them happier & out of the sun, & this one has way taller sides so less chance of falling out.

I know people say "crapi" etc.. etc.. but its been good to us so far!
We have actually had it about a year now & have been out several times.

It is a 1996 Bayliner capri with the little 3.0L Merc. I/O.

It was hard to give up the Glastron w/the in-line 6 "tower of power" 2-stroke, but this one does everything we need & it "sips" gas our other boat ate me alive in fuel costs & now I can be more comfortable on the water knowing I'm not "polluting" the waters anymore, that 2-stroke looked like an oil slick on the water whenever we were stopped in a cove & I keep my boats tight, it wasn't leaking anywhere it wasn't supposed to.

The wake pic is with the old prop, we just upgraded to an apollo 4-blade stainless prop, because "someone" forgot to raise the motor on the ramp when retrieving, that's a Nasty sound by the way prop on cement, Love her anyway that's all just part of the play, funny thing is bet she'll never do that again!

Any major negatives to keep in mind on these boats or motors?

Attachments

• family 030.jpg
    family 030.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 0
  • family 029.jpg
    family 029.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 0
  • family 057.jpg
    family 057.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0

scipper77

Commander
Re: We upgraded our boat!

The wake pic is with the old prop, we just upgraded to an apollo 4-blade stainless prop, because "someone" forgot to raise the motor on the ramp when retrieving, that's a Nasty sound by the way prop on cement, Love her anyway that's all just part of the play, funny thing is bet she'll never do that again!

Looks like a real nice boat, and a good size for trailering.

I forgot to put my trim up 2 times. I personally will never buy a stainless prop because I'm not convinced that I will not leave the trim down again some day!?!?