85 Searay 230 CC

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 85 Searay 230 CC

That looks like a great boat for a very fair price. I would imagine that rot in the wooden components of the hull would be your biggest concern, however I'm not sure how to best tell you test for that on a larger hull. Obviously you want a solid deck with no soft spots. You also want a solid transom but again not sure how to tell you to check that. That boat looks to have been very well maintained. A professional survey would be your best route but only you can decide if the cost of that is worth it to you.

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great boat, looks good. Red flag is the fact the guy only had it 3 months. Need to find out why, and I think you would be well served to have a professional look it over.

mnewb1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Great boat, looks good. Red flag is the fact the guy only had it 3 months. Need to find out why, and I think you would be well served to have a professional look it over.

good point, I missed the length of his ownership, thanks

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Think you should look again. I read he's had it 3 YEARS.