Chrysler 105 high revs at idle

ibradr

Recruit
I have a 1978 Chrysler 105 on a Glastron CVX16 that I picked up last week. I have not taken it to the lake yet because I am trying to work out the bugs before I put my wife and daughter in the boat. I replaced the battery and cables because of a "slow crank / no start" only to find I still had a "slow crank / no start" with a new battery and cables, I noticed that the starter became very hot during my brief attempts to get the engine started so I pulled the starter off then apart while putting a charge on my brand new battery. After pulling the starter apart, cleaning, re-assembling and re-installing... voila! she started right up. Running smooth but ,fast. I am concerned that with rpms this high (1700-1800 rpm), it will be a problem when I attempt to put her in gear..kinda like doing a "neutral drop' So here's the question, How do I lower the Idle or adjust the throttle to achieve a "neutral idle" of around 800-1000 rpm. I don't want to start messing with the linkage until I know I have to, seems pretty confusing. Hoping for a simple solution. Thx for you help and expertise!