tubing/kneeboarding from new bass boat

inlgmouth

Seaman Apprentice
Looking to buy new bass boat to get back into tournaments (Ranger Z520). The family loves the water and we now have an older fish/ski that we tube/kneeboard from, but is not tournament ready. Does anyone use a tournament ready bass boat for tubing/kneeboarding.

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: tubing/kneeboarding from new bass boat

I have no interest in tournement fishing for bass myself, but I have seen bass boats with ski pole attachments, some have 3 mounting points that have quick disconnects and can be easily removed or deployed, I think ski only tube is too much stress for it. You can pull a tube directly from the transom eyes with a bridel but the rope may hang up your wake.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Have never done it or owned a bass boat but from riding in my dads the only problem I would see is getting the weight forward to get on plane at low speeds. Seems like those boats like to stand on end and do better the faster you get on plane, which may be to much speed for water toys. But if it's the only boat I had I'd do it.

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

We do it from our older bass boat. Don't see why you couldn't do it from a new one.

Just get you one of those ropes with the pulley that attach to your transom hooks on each side of the motor and have at it. Just be careful while you are pulling people. Easy to get distracted.