SearsTed Williams help

jaylamb

Cadet
I have a Ted Williams/Eska outboard 5hp 217 59680 with an air cool Techumseh motor.I had to put rings in it,I need the torque spec for the rod cap bolts,also the Head bolts if possible.I tried looking it up online and came up short,my owners manual doesn't cover that deep.Any hepl would be great Thanks.

M

mrcrabs

Re: SearsTed Williams help

http://www.small-engines.com/tetorque.html

I'm only guessing but this would seem right...I think if you google the correct question you can find out any answer, right? wrong? who knows or you could buy a shop manual, I myself would go with the 45 In. Lbs.

All Tecumseh 2-cylce engines with type numbers starting with numbers (Outboard engines, rotarty mower engines, chore engines). These engines are 8 HP and less. Excludes TVS840 TVS850 and Snow-King (HSK) 2-Cycles and the TC series.

45 (aluminum rod) 75 (steel rod) 90 In. Lbs. on the heads

jaylamb

Cadet

Thank you Mrcrabs,I realize now I should have googled Tec.air cooled 2 cycle instead of Eska torque values.I see some manuals on ebay might be a good idea to get ahold of one.Thanks once again.:)

jaylamb, I saw your comment over on the marineengine.com forum about how you were upset you didn't get a response to your torque question right away on that forum....that forum and this iboats forum are both great sources of information for those of us working on older outboard engines. Don't take it personally when you don't get an immediate response....not everyone checks the forums every day, and we all contribute information whenever possible.

M

mrcrabs

Theres a new yahoo group dedicated to the Eska based Outboards, everyone interested is invited to join and contribute. Hoping to see you over there Tommy Two Stroke's, your knowlage of the tecumseh and your imput would be greatly appreciated.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eskaoutboards/

jaylamb

Cadet

jaylamb, I saw your comment over on the marineengine.com forum about how you were upset you didn't get a response to your torque question right away on that forum....that forum and this iboats forum are both great sources of information for those of us working on older outboard engines. Don't take it personally when you don't get an immediate response....not everyone checks the forums every day, and we all contribute information whenever possible.

Yes I know Tommy I did get bent out of shape a little,was trying to get the motor together for my daughter and a bass tourney I was taking her to.The only issue I have is that I've posted on that board a couple of times,under my current name and then another handle I had that expired,and I never got one response to any post,heck I've learned more from Mr.Crabs and his links on Eska's then I have anywhere else,but in the future I promise to keep my Irish half in check.