fuel issue 140 HP Merc GM 3.0 Please Help

W_yneH

Recruit
OK I kept my mouth shut without asking any questions and using the info on this web site and many thanks to Don S and JustJason's great info I worked out the firing issues, I now have a fuel issue, I have read the fuel pressure test article and would use it however my pump is completely dry, the filter canister (on the top of fuel pump) is pretty much dry, I blew the intake line back to the tank, I have put at least 5+ gallons of fuel in the tank, the motor has set up for at least three years, when I prime with a jigger of gas the motor starts goods and runs briefly, my question is before I purchase a new fuel pump 284 dollars what are the other steps should I take to troubleshoot this?

W_yneH

Recruit
Re: fuel issue 140 HP Merc GM 3.0 Please Help

I think that I have found it in a previous post the Sight/Vent tube that runs from the bottom of the pump to the Carb was clogged with the dreaded green goo (that you cant clean with anything)..... I will probably need a fuel pump

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: fuel issue 140 HP Merc GM 3.0 Please Help

"I blew the intake line back to the tank"

Hard to do if there is a anti-syphon "valve there. Try using a pump ball from an outboard to pull fuel from the tank first.Also prefill the spin -on fuel filter too.