Anyone else having problems with the iboats store RMA process?

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander
I ordered the wrong sized prop from iboats and am trying to return it. I filled out the online return forms Tuesday morning but haven't heard back from them with an RMA number. Are they usually this slow?

I normally wouldn't care except that I'll be out of town for a few weeks and wanted to get this resolved before I leave.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral
Re: Anyone else having problems with the iboats store RMA process?

Call the 800 number and let the person who helps you know what is going on - I think you will find the response to your situation to be quite good.

???

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

I called yesterday and again today. The customer service rep says that they see the return request from Tuesday and I should have a response early next week.

I'll just be nice and say that it appears they may be short staffed or are processing an abnormally large volume of business at this particular time.

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just returned a prop and the whole process was about 30 days

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I know that it takes about 3 days to get the RMA in your email (have you checked your spam folder)......

Nandy

Commander

Im sorry but 3 days to just get an rma is ridiculous... Everyone I had dealt with online have given me the rma while in the phone. Given, I dont have problems everytime that I buy something so I might have never had the chance to encounter this problem but if you can process a sale and bill me the same day you should be able to provide an rma in the same fashion...

DaNinja

Lieutenant

I got the wrong fuel gauge sending unit last fall. Probably my fault.

The re-order and return didn't take more than a couple of weeks, if that, if I remember right.

PiratePast40

Lieutenant Commander

The time frames you guys are talking about seem a little long but that's why I asked the question in the first place. I've allready ordered the correct prop as well as some other items. They were shipped and billed today. Gotta say, I can appreciate the prompt action from the accounts billable department since that's what pays the bills. :rolleyes:

Would really have appreciated the return instructions in a prompt manner. Both times I've called, they acknowledged that they did indeed have the email iniating the return and that the instructions and RMA number would be on the way. I have the package wrapped, measured, and weighed. Would have been happy to use my UPS account and had it on the way if they would have issued an RMA number and given a return address. I'll be away at a clients site for the next two weeks so will need to have someone else take care of that end for me. Just seems to be an unnecessary PITA.

Ironic thing is that I've been making the same argument with the company CEO. Prompt PO processing, shipping, and billing is critical. And, the rest of the customer service and consultation is just as important. I argue that the customer is NOT allways right - that's why they ask us. Getting the whole job done is more important than the little parts.