What is this sailboat?

uspilot92

Recruit
The neighbors gave me this sailboat but I have no information on it and have no idea what it is. I think it is 16 ft long. It also has a plate that says Wesco Marine on it and a number 46.

Attachments

• sailweb1.jpg
    sailweb1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
  • sailweb2.jpg
    sailweb2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • sailweb3.jpg
    sailweb3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0

saildan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What is this sailboat?

Knowing Wesco is a step forward. Check the USCG manufacturer's database and see if they are listed.

Does the sail have an insignia?

Any Hull ID in the upper right-hand corner of the transom? If not it was built prior to 11/72.

That's about all I can help with on this one.

emoney

Commander

It could be any number of manufacturer's. Not all Hull #'s are on the right, mine is a 1979 and it's on the left towards the top of the stern (when looking from the back, anyway).
Looks like it's a kewl little boat though and has plenty of non-slip. Let us know if you find out more.

uspilot92

Recruit

I found out it is a 1966 Catalina that is 15'6" long. It still is in great shape and I have already sailed it a couple times. It does not have a HIN # because they were not reqired until 1973.

saildan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good deal, nice detective work. Enjoy !

Mark SF

Seaman

I found out it is a 1966 Catalina that is 15'6" long. It still is in great shape and I have already sailed it a couple times. It does not have a HIN # because they were not reqired until 1973.

I believe that the "centreboard not in a box but with a seal around it" feature, is a Catalina one. The current 14.2s and 16.5s still have it.

Coho Ghost

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's Coronado 15. There are scads of them around the US etc. with many organized fleets. I believe there is a National Association for the class. Google Coronado 15, you'll surely get something useable.

Coho Ghost,
Catalina 22 '73-'78
Catalina 25 '79-'04

saildan

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's Coronado 15. There are scads of them around the US etc. with many organized fleets. I believe there is a National Association for the class. Google Coronado 15, you'll surely get something useable.
1980 Coronado 15 (C15) at the right.

attachment.php
piccoronado15103c.jpg

_