new speakers.. which ones?

Frankiea87

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hey im looking to put new speakrs in my boat.. i seen the pyle hydro pro ones in my budddies boat and they sound good.. r they good speakers? any other brands that are really good?

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: new speakers.. which ones?

Polk db651. Amazon has them for $70.99 right now with free shipping. You won't find better bang for your buck on marine grade speakers than these. I'd stay away from brands like Pyle and Boss. Those are definitely lower grade, entry level products.

Oh, and if you have 5 1/4" inch speakers, go with the Polk db521. Same speaker, just in the 5 1/4" size.

mnmike3

Seaman
Re: new speakers.. which ones?

we sell the pyle speakers at our shop and I have not been impressed with them. we only carry the marine speakers and one of their amps. Personally I am going to be putting Memphis marine amps and speakers throughout my boat. The M-class speakers have been a very solid line up and they get pretty loud so you can hear them well while cruising across the lake. The Memphis speakers are a bit spendy at $100-$140 a pair I think (I don't do sales so I can never remember prices) but well worth it in my opinion.

I have not heard many other brands except some JL speakers and I know there are many good brands out there just know i would not be happy with the pyle speakers cause I like my music loud and clear.