engine removal

dgp

Cadet
removing a omc 5.7l 260hp from my boat. do i need to remove the stern drive and the intermediate housing?( stinger 800 )lots of room to pull motor forward.should the drive be supported? :confused:

anesthes

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: engine removal

If you have enough room to go straight forward, just do that. Else you'll need to take the outdrive out. Putting it back in is gonna be the tough part.<br /><br />I'd just take the outdrive out anyway...<br /><br />I'm almost done my 3.0 -> 5.7 swap, and my outdrive is last to bolt up..<br /><br />-- Joe

kalikiano

Cadet

Aloha Everyone, I am replaceing my 350 alpha drive motor .Do I have to remove anything besides the throttle cable fuel line battery ect... do I have to remove my colant container or risers or should it clear the hatch intact?
I already have the out drive off thanks to you folks for writing in. Mahalo derek

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

Aloha Everyone, I am replaceing my 350 alpha drive motor .Do I have to remove anything besides the throttle cable fuel line battery ect... do I have to remove my colant container or risers or should it clear the hatch intact?
I already have the out drive off thanks to you folks for writing in. Mahalo derek

Welcome to iboats.
You need to start your own thread. This one is old and it?s about an OMC Cobra drive. It will get confusing if people start answering because nobody will be really sure to whom they are answering to.
Take a look at the "adults only" sticky it has manuals to your engine and drive.

Last edited: