water on spark plug (engine locked up)

josh_2562

Seaman
I have a 1995 suzuki dt115. i'm getting water in my lower cylinder. When I pull my bottom plug it has brown oil slude on it. I have changed the head gasket. the old gasket looked fine when I pulled it off. What should I check next. I have only had the engine about 4 months. it ran fine then one day it didn't have the power to get the boat on plane. Thats when I checked the plugs out. Thanks for the help guys if you need more info let me know and i'll get it for you. I can also get pics of the plug if need it

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: water on spark plug

Do a compression test to confirm that the new head gasket is leaking. Did you tork the head bolts by the manual?

josh_2562

Seaman

Yes I did. I will do a compression check

josh_2562

Seaman

Did a compression check and they are all 120-125

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those are good numbers, but you know that. Not sure how water can get in if compression is not leaking. Any chance the fuel had some water in it? I don't think the water can get through a leaking exhaust manifold gasket, not sure.

GoogieMan

Seaman Apprentice

or a possible bottom seal's are leaky

josh_2562

Seaman
Re: water on spark plug (engine locked up)

thanks for the help guys but I think i'm going to need a new engine or a rebuild. I put in a new set of pulgs today and took the boat out. it ran great. started right up(always did) jumped right on plane. I was cruising at 3900rpms and the engine started making a bad sound. it was a knocking/grinding. I was along way for the boat ramp and with not many boat in my area I tried to idle back. got about a mile from the ramp and the knocking got louder so I shut it down. when I got back to the ramp I tried to start it and it spun over then locked up. I have not taken it apart yet.
any idea what might have caused this? it had oil and no alarms engine head was cool.

Should I rebuild this engine or look for a newer engine?

Marion Moore

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to hear your engine locked up. I lost a cylinder on my 115 last year. I wasn't getting oil. Rebuilding depends on what is broken. Good luck.

hac206

Recruit

hi i have just bought a dt115 with water fouling bottom 2 cylinders stripped off side plate water vane wall into exhaust is corroded as a 2stroke it will suck water ,miss,loss of power and all sorts of problems i am going to attempt to rebuild wall with devcon hope this helps it seems it is a common problem with dt,s