WAKEBOARD TWR -- match hull 246 Rinker BR to bayliner,crownline,chaparral

dlanc

Recruit
:confused: i have a 2007 246 rinker captivia bow rider; i am trying to find a wakeboard tower for my hull. i was wondering if any other "like" hulls out there will fit the rinker hull. i have done a bit of on line research with NO LUCK. can anyone give me some clues where to research this info???? :confused:

thanks
DL

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: WAKEBOARD TWR -- match hull 246 Rinker BR to bayliner,crownline,chaparral

Not positive what you're asking, but would guess you're talking about matching the mounting feet to the curvature of your hull?

If that's the case, Samson is the only manufacturer I know of that will give you mounting plates that are machined specifically to match the curvature of the surface you're mounting to. They are definitely not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If you go with a cheaper universal tower, you'll want to be sure you take extra steps during the install to avoid gel coat cracking. There are a number of posts in the wakeboarding forum that discuss this topic.

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: WAKEBOARD TWR -- match hull 246 Rinker BR to bayliner,crownline,chaparral

Not positive what you're asking, but would guess you're talking about matching the mounting feet to the curvature of your hull?

If that's the case, Samson is the only manufacturer I know of that will give you mounting plates that are machined specifically to match the curvature of the surface you're mounting to. They are definitely not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

If you go with a cheaper universal tower, you'll want to be sure you take extra steps during the install to avoid gel coat cracking. There are a number of posts in the wakeboarding forum that discuss this topic.

That's what I was going to say!
Go to the wakeboarding section and there are plenty of threads there talking about different towers.
I just bought a DIY WAKE, fully loaded tower with speakers, racks, light bar & mirror for $1,379 delivered to my house in Ohio. Most are pretty universal, but will need some slight modifications depending on the curve of your hull or where you are wanting to mount the thing. Mine mounted on flat survices, so I just beefed up the backplates to help protect my gel-coat from cracking...
GOOD LUCK!