Electric Pumps and Launching Sites

roughneck007

Recruit
Hi to all that read this....
Having tried a few Electric Pumps to inflate my Quicksilver 4.3 RIB, I have always resorted back to the hand pump. Yes there is a lot of effort needed but always worth while once your on the water. I was in the Camping & General shop on Canvey Island looking for BBQ bits and came across a "Scafell Rock Hurricane Electric Airbed Pump 12v DC Adapter". When I got the RIB I a also got with it a 65pound pump which was quite frankly slow and noisy and not very efficient. To be ready for the water it took about 35-40min. When pumping by hand 25-30min. Using my new 6.99 pound pump, YES 6.99 ready in 15-20min. Absolutely fantastic, I have used it now 5 times and just to inflate 1 tube it take a record 1min 20sec approx for each of the large tubes. Then to bring up to full pressure 10-12 hand pumps. BARGAIN.
As for launching sites, I have tried several within the Essex Coast on the Blackwater, River Crouch, and Southend. By far the best is Two Tree Island. You have virtually 24hr access to the sea either side of the tide so great for playing and fishing. There is a fee as with most, 25pd for day use in & out or 130pd for the year, with two very friendly and helpful Slip Officers. Obviously the year is more economic.
Hope this helps somebody.