Jet Star ID

rus5443

Recruit
I was wondering if anyone can help me id the year of my Starcraft. The serial # is 6510826, and the motor is a johnson super seahorse rds-25d serial # 2380741. Could this be the original engine? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• jetstar.JPG
    jetstar.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 4
  • jetstar3.JPG
    jetstar3.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 4

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: Jet Star ID

Sorry, can't help you with the year, but nice looking boat for sure.

Rudi2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was wondering if anyone can help me id the year of my Starcraft. The serial # is 6510826, and the motor is a johnson super seahorse rds-25d serial # 2380741. Could this be the original engine? Thanks for any help.

RDS25 is listed as a 1963 40hp. Could be original?

bananaboater

Ensign

Couple hints, it has a flat floor so that would take it to later 60's. And as they got newer they had fewer transom brackets. Mine is a '64 (pretty sure) and it has 3 of them.

Can't help with motor. Max HP for the Jets is 50.

WesMason

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My guess is that you have the original motor. My motor was original (RDS23) which was built in '61 and put on a '62 Jet.

The color scheme of your motor is keeping with a few years in the 1960's era as well...but I'm not an expert, just what I've noticed. These motors don't give up if reasonably taken care of...so if 1963 is the motor year...I'd say you are one way or the other of that year for the hull.

I was just looking at the brochure (posted as a sticky) last week, and I think I saw your model exactly, color scheme and all.

Nice ride! :D

WesMason

Petty Officer 2nd Class

BTW...where did you find the serial number for the boat? If you haven't already, look for the HIN plate. Usually (not always) located near the transom. It will spell out the model, year, etc...

Good luck

rus5443

Recruit

i pulled the serial # off what i thought was the HIN plate which was right on the transom, it had everything but the year. i was also looking through the brochures and found it odd the the motor scheme looked similar to the '67 along with the paint but the model off the engine dates to a 63'. oh well im not real worried about the year, it seems as long as i have a rough idea thats all i need. thanks for your guys help, and i appreciate your remarks.