performance question

Status
Not open for further replies.

starcraft1982

Petty Officer 1st Class
ok,i have a 1988 cajun ricky green fishing machine.18 1/2 ft.1988 mercury xr4 150 black max w small jackplate.laser ss 21p prop.2 people@220lbs ea.and normal bass gear and @15gal. gas on board.4 batteries. at WOT,trimmed,im turning 6100rpms and gps reads 53mph.does this seem ok?im a prop novice(know nothing!)1,is the rpms too high,especially for the speed im getting?2,would a prop change help in either area,rpms and speed?

starcraft1982

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: performance question

and as an add on to my post,i do have a hydrofoil on the motor.of course have been told both ways about leaving on and taking off.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

It's been a while since we worked with that particular model boat but I remember it needed all the help it could get with bow lift. The Laser is an OK prop but there might be others that provide more lift. You might consider more setback, either with another jackplate or spacers for the one you have.

What diameter is your prop now?

starcraft1982

Petty Officer 1st Class

this is the number on the prop.48-16546A45 21P.im just asking is this an acceptable speed,53mph?6100rpms seems a little high to me,but again,im a novice to bigger motors.and i was also told that motor produces peak hp @5500rpms.again,im a prop newbie,i cant tell you what changing pitch one way or the other accomplishes,etc.unlike others,holeshot isnt extremely important to me.i usually(somewhat)ease into throttle as i take off anyway.top speed isnt hugely important but of course,the more the better!thanks for the help so far.oh,the prop is a laser11 if that makes a difference.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Dhadley thanks for your input ;) This post is locked since the OP could not wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.